Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Penny Pincher Contest


So I have been trying out this couponing thing, and it was a challenge at first to organize and prepare before every shopping trip. At the same time, it was exciting to see how much I could get for so little. I feel so proud of my money saving feats, that sometimes I hold on to my receipts and show them to others! This is picture of my last shopping trip haul. What would you guess this would cost? The person who guesses closest to the amount I paid will get a prize!! I will take guesses until the end of November, with the prize being awarded on the 30th of November.

6 comments:

myrtle budge said...

first guess $75; but since its probably way lowe I'll go with my second guess of $50. Either way, its a steal!

Julie Barfuss said...

awesome! Randomly, I will guess $60

Jill Petersen said...

If I went to the store it would be about 100 bucks! I am going to say $45... I hope I win :^

Tanya said...

I started going through each item and thinking about the best prices I have seen on each one, but it was too much work. So, my "random" guess is $105 because there are some expensive items on the table that even if on sale would still bring the total up. Also, that trip would cost me more like $175. I obviously need to work on my bargain shopping skills.

Laura said...

I'm Jill's sister. When ever we go to the store we have our boys guess how much it will cost so they know where the money goes....I guess $135.00

deedlebug said...

I went to Target this morning and the lady in front of me purchased almost $60 worth of groceries for $7.10. I just thought, why can't I do that? So I am going to guess rather low and go with $41.38. :-)