Sunday, November 29, 2009
Penny Pincher Results
As I told my running buddies earlier this week, this little contest of mine pretty much backfired. I start reading through your your comments, and your guesses were so low! I figured, since I got discounts on every item I bought from coupons, sales, or a combination of the two, I had done pretty well. If I had paid full price, I figured I would have paid between $200 and $250. As it was, my actual cost was $128. No where near $40 as had been guessed!! I wish I was that good. So the winner is...Jill's sister, Laura, who guessed $135! Now, Laura, I just need an address from you so I can send you the Grand Prize. Congratulations! As for the rest of you, if you really know how to get groceries for that low, I would love to learn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lorien...you totally crack me up! I guess I didnt look that closely at all the items you were purchasing, because at second glance...you did have some pricey stuff. (spices, kotex, peanut butter...)
Anywhoo..I am NOT a great couponer, but I do know a great blog of someone who is. check out www.moneysavingmom.com. I will say that my guess was totally ruined by the fact that I read her blog, and she posts her weekly groceries EVERY saturday. And I swear...she NEVER spends more than $40.
I'm afraid I will never be that good at saving money. Hence, I will continue not to be rich. dang it.
I should have stuck to my first guess when we were out exercising. I would have won. I'm seriously missing our morning exercising.
Post a Comment